Fashion fabric designer/maker

Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Lame blogger apologies & Zandra Rhodes visit

First of all, I'm truly sorry for being so lame at blogging recently; there's been so much going on in my world that I've hardly had chance to! I hope that my photos from the absolutely incredible Zandra Rhodes: Unseen exhibition at the Fashion & Textile Museum make up for it a little. I thought it was wonderfully inspirational. The textures, the colours, the intricacy...

Pleated lamé, beaded silk, giant kaleidoscopic Andrew Logan mosaics, controlled hysteria, printed chiffon, tears in fabric reconstructed with golden safety pins, scribbly drawings, hand stitched sequins, layered tulle. It was my Aladdin's cave. Immerse yourself in the glitter...









































No comments:

Post a Comment