Fashion fabric designer/maker

Wednesday, 5 June 2013

DRIVE: style inspiration/appreciation post

If you hadn't already picked up, I completely fell for Carey Mulligan in The Great Gatsby - she was mesmerising and beautiful and I loved her in it. I've also picked up this really bad habit of referring to actors by their first name and so if you read "Carey", I don't actually know her in real life. Just in my head... Anyway, I watched Drive last night because my friend recommended it ("It's so cult-y, you'll love it") and I was blown away. Its so good, and Carey's so perfect! I hadn't previously fallen for Ryan Gosling and I probably still wouldn't say I'm in ~love~ with him, but he was amazing.

The lack of dialogue in Drive makes it incredibly intense and exciting. It's really well done. The soundtrack, too, was fantastic - I adore Under Your Spell by Desire. A soundtrack totally makes a film. Also, as I'm sure you can tell from the images below (not my own, by the way), I loved the tacky pink scribble of "Drive". It's styled so wonderfully.

Carey, violence & magenta pink scribbles? I think so. 















No comments:

Post a Comment